Wednesday 14 August 2013

Back when a screw was a screw; the wind was all that blew ...

Remember when you had to play a song over and over to find out what the lyrics were? You'd play, pause (or lift the needle off the record), write down what you heard, play some more, rewind (or move the needle back) to make sure you heard it properly, write some more, rinse, repeat.

Sometimes I miss that.

I used to write down the words to songs in a Hilroy notebook. Then when I started a new entry in my journal, I chose lyrics that matched how I felt.

Am I the only one who did that?

Here's a song I'd like to listen to over and over to get the words (or just listen to over and over because I'm in that kind of mood):


"When all this loses meaning,
You'll never want it back somehow
Awake but I'm still dreaming
And never waking up"


(snagged from Neverending White Lights - The Grace Lyrics | MetroLyrics)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment