Sunday 31 May 2009

Post Secrets

I love Post Secret. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's refreshed every Sunday with new secrets - confessions people make on postcards and mail them to Frank, the big brain behind the phenomenon. Some are heartbreaking and some are funny. Some really speak to me. Not sure why I feel like writing about these two today, but this is my blog and I can do what I want when I want, so here you go:

A lot of times the kids perceived to be cool really weren't when compared to others. Like the kids who were into alternative music before it was accepted, kids who were quiet, studious and kind to others, even the kids who were sharp-witted and didn't put up with the put-downs of others because they weren't in a clique.

Most of the time the kids perceived to be cool do evolve and grow up to become decent human beings. But once in a while, you meet the odd douchebag or stereotypical cheerleader-type who has gotten older biologically yet mentally they haven't arrived at that age.

Those are the real people not worth knowing.










Most of my friends don't know I even have a blog! LOL!

Obviously, it doesn't bother me. I'm glad to have a place where I can blather and vent without having to be careful about what I write. Can't do that on facebook. Well, you could, but there's a little too much scrutiny and it sours the mood. facebook is for light-hearted things.

This is my space. My very own little slice of the internet. Where I can do what I want when I want.


2 comments:

  1. You're welcome? All I did was encourage you. You did everything else. By the way, I am going through pre-men right now, have similar symptoms but no drugs. Trust you are feeling better?

    It sucks because I'm leaving for Bonnaroo on Wednesday and will be doing two of my least favorite things; camping and bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I feel for you! Did that on my honeymoon.

    I go for a pre-op appointment next Friday. I'm going the cauterization route in 4 weeks. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete