Saturday 8 August 2009

Has anyone seen a Darjeeling Teapot?

Can't get it out of my head.

So my greatest internet love is Crazy Days and Nights. Yes, I'm on facebook. A lot. But that's like crack, or smoking - sometimes you just don't want to do it but the urge pulls you back in.

Anyway, the host of CDaN, Enty Lawyer, posts a Your Turn every Friday where he asks his readers various things like favourite songs, wedding stories, wrong number stories, etc. Every once in a while he lets people plug their own things. This time one reader, Pamela S., plugged her new home decor store in Savannah, Georgia. The website is http://www.cherryandeast.com/. Check out the Ceramics and Objects section and look at that Darjeeling teapot.

I love it. I've been wanting a proper teapot for a while. This will stick in my memory as much as the teapot I saw a great many years ago that had a monkey on it. I thought it was done by Royal Doulton, but apparently it's a Majolica teapot:

Sorry, I can't get it any larger than that. Love that teapot. Not the price. 20 years ago it was over $400.

It took a while for me to find that image. Since I thought it was Royal Doulton, I went looking through some of their teapots. I found a kitten teapot below:





Looks like femmy vampire kitty got a stake in its widdle heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment